Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meet the Seller - Sandra Waine


Meet Sandra Waine. Devonport Craft Market regular since early 2009.

What is your craft?
Print making would have to be my number one interest as I have been doing lino cuts for at least the last 10 years.  The sewing has always something I have dabbled in and is lots of fun when you create something a bit different and original.  As for screen printing, which was something I have always wanted to do, last year I was lucky enough to learn that skill by doing a community college course (along with both DCM Sarah's (Cotton Kiwi & Songbird Designs) and Cat Taylor).           

How did you get involved in print making?
All through my life I have done various Art Courses and always been interested in the arts.  Once we moved back to NZ I got together with my very creative Aunty, who is a print maker (wood blocks)and we entered art shows together.  We even had an exhibition together at the Small Dog Gallery in the Depot back in 2007.           

What gives you inspiration?
Life mainly. Things just pop into my head.           

Tell us about your favourite book?
I don't have a particular "favourite" book but one of my favourite authors is Tim Winton
.
 And your favourite food?
That's a bit of a hard one Too many things to choose from.  I am some what of a sweet tooth though!

Do you have a favourite blog or inspiration site?
I am partial to cruise the "Clever Bastards" site, plus Felt of course.           

Apart from The Devonport Craft Market, where can people buy your artwork?
I have a shop open on Felt.



No comments:

Post a Comment