Monday, April 5, 2010

Meet the Seller - Julie from Baby Love Merino

A regular to the market scene and to Devonport Craft Market is Julie from Baby Love Merino. The sylish merino offerings make any parent squishy! Summer or winter you will find something for your kids from Julie's offerings.

What do you make and how long have you been making!
I have been sewing for 25 years. I sew beautiful Merino (and some cotton) baby, toddler and pre-school clothing. I had a beautiful little boy who needed a snuggly wrap...and then he grew and needed snuggly tees, and then more fashionable and contemporary clothing. Then I had another gorgeous boy, so I had to indulge my inner pink somewhere that wasn't on my own children!

What gives you inspiration and how does that translate into your designs?
The world around me - sometimes it is international cultures, sometimes it is architecture, sometimes it is the beauty of the NZ bush and sea. I'm never inspired by what is currently happening in kids fashion as I think it makes them too old too fast. I want my kids to be kids and look like kids - not teenagers or adults.

Favourite reads and favourite foods?
Too many! I loved a Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth, but also Wild Swans. Recently I couldn't put down Mitch Ablom's new book. Runny poached eggs on some sort of rustic toast....eggs benedict - yum!


Favourite online inspiration?
I love to look at all the gorgeous things people are making around the world in babyology.com.au
And because I am into photography right now, I am very inspired by the work of my Baby Love photographer at photofever.co.nz

When you are not at the Devonport Craft Market - where can fans buy Baby Love Merino?
On our website or at Titirangi Market on the last Sunday of each month or Mary's Market, Freemans Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment