Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meet the Seller - Jacqui from Ernie and Pears





A newcomer to the market scene, we have been so impressed with the stylings and offerings from Ernie and Pears.


Tell us about what makes up the Ernie and Pears range?
It is a range of bits and bobs. I think I am still trying to find my way in the crafting world but my direction lends itself towards bespoke home decor. I use British inspired fabrics and driftwood Ernie and I collect.


How did you get started creating?
It was all thanks to Judith from Ruby Jude and Vicki from Petit Bebe Creations. I would religiously  go to all the craft markets each weekend and have a lookie and dream of being a stall holder and each week they would encourage me to apply and just do it! So I did! Thanks ladies!






What inspires you?
I love the British crafting community, beach combing with Ernie, beautiful fabrics and linens, domestic blogs and the fact that if I try I can achieve.


So something about you.... tells us about your favorite book and favorite food?
My favorite book would be "Ten Sorry Tales by Mick Jackson - it is AMAZING! Short and outrageously sweet stories. It's in the Auckland Library.
And my favorite food.... well....Anything naughty!




Where on the internet do you find inspiration?
I love the following blogs:
Mousehouse 
No Big Dill 
M.e 
Charlotte Macey Textiles 


How did you come up with the name Ernie and Pears?
I have a little sausage dog called Ernie and I love him to bits so I decided to name it after him. And the Pears.... it's a secret. 






When you are not at the Devonport Craft Market, where can people buy your lovely wares?
I am lucky enough to have the support from Christina down at Port Rd Gallery in Whangamata. She has a fleet of my bespoke driftwood boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment