Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meet the Seller: Amy from APT CreatioNZ

In the summer you will see Amy and her beautiful products out the front of the market. She has a broad range of beautiful pieces - a regular crafting machine!! 



Where did your brand name come from?
APT CreatioNZ was made using my initials (APT) and the word 'creations' to express the broad product range. I decided to use a 'Z' in the place of 's' at the end, and use capitals for the 'NZ' to link it to my roots in New Zealand. Later I added the li'l luv'd ones collection to be the branding for my children's range

When did you begin making and what was your inspiration?
I was lucky enough to grow up in an artistic home where my passion for creativity was born. I learnt to knit and sew at a young age, although I didn't pick them up again until I had children of my own.
APT CreatioNZ is the result of my passion for authentic design, fine art and all things cute, translated into items for little ones.
Starting out small before my first daughter was born, my designs have continued to grow and evolve.

I am now a stay at home mum of three cheeky little angels, who are my constant inspiration, with many designs beginning as creations for them.
Working from my little sewing room in our Auckland home, under the watchful eye of my mini design consultants, I lovingly create each item individually. Often producing one offs, before jumping to the next idea so it isn't lost into the ether



What do you make?
I have quite a large product range, everything from home decor and cot bedding through to boutique children's clothing and toys. I sew, crochet, knit and paint in order to create something unique which can be treasured for years to come. I have also recently added some D-I-Y kits to help inspire others to create items of their own.

Who has been the most influential in your craft?
My mother taught me to embrace art and creativity as a child and I have never looked back! She showed me the value in trying new mediums and techniques and I have carried that through with me, which is probably why I have such a wide range of products. In fact I recently taught myself how to crochet simply because it was something I have wanted to be able to do for a while. I really hope I can pass on the same passion to my own children.



What inspires you?
I draw inspiration from everywhere! Sometimes the colour of the sky will trigger me to think of a fabric I have in my stash, or one of my daughters will need a dress, hat, scarf...so off I go designing it. Often I will see something in the adult fashion world and adapt it to suit a child. I am also in love with the Arts & Crafts and Deco eras - shapes, design and fashion.

What is your favourite book?
'The reader' by Bernhard Schlink has to be up there...although I am enjoying the game of thrones series at the moment.



And your favourite food?
oooooh...thats a hard one....I think my all time favourite has to be my Nonna's home made Gnocchi with sugo. There is nothing like a true Italian family recipe...I am yet to find a restaurant who can match it!

Where do you find your favourite online inspiration? Blogs etc
I must admit I am a pinterest addict...I love sitting down with a cuppa and having a look at the latest 'pins'. I also love facebook for keeping up to date with some of my favourite designers.

 
What handmade possession do you treasure the most?
That would have to be the little clay pot my daughter made for me at kindy last year.

Apart from making and creating, what else do you do with your life!
I am a mum to three beautiful girls and wife to a very understanding husband who puts up with my creations taking over various rooms of the house. I also run a website for other homebased handmade labels www.littlekiwisnest.co.nz

What music is on ‘high rotate’ on your ipod or stereo at the moment?
There are a few on there at the mo....I was listening to 'florence and the machine' this afternoon and 'mumford & sons' gets played a lot too.




When you are not at the Devonport Craft Market where can people find your products?
I have a website www.aptcreationz.co.nz as well as a facebook page www.facebook.com/aptcreationz and am also on felt and littlekiwisnest

You can also find some items at the little frock shop in Hamilton and Organic baby in Wellington.

Amy has a special offer for all of you lovely people - check it out below - THANKS AMY!
I would like to make it feel like we are at the market all month by offering free shipping to anyone who orders after reading this, order via my www.aptcreationz.co.nz site and select 'shipping discount' on the product listing then type 'devonport' in the code box.


No comments:

Post a Comment